Sudiiiiiii strikes back
Friday, July 21, 2006
  Land Down Under
I come from a land down under... la la la.. Goes the Men At Work song. As I've only been here for about 24hrs I can't really tell you whether the lyrics hold true, (I know from past experience that Vegemite doesn't compare to Marmite) but anyhow I will just write a bit about my experiences so far.

We; Zara and myself, landed in the Melbourne airport after a reasonably bearable flight from Malaysia. I have never been through such strict immigration IN MY LIFE. Sniffer dogs, bag searches, questioning. We declared that we were in the possesion of TEA (presents for the various relatives) and they nearly did a full on search of our bags. They didn't. We were lucky. Others had to endure the entire contents of their bags being searched for pieces of wood, seeds, fruits, meats, poultry products (ok fair enough with bird flu around), just because they told immigration they had bought a wooden souvenir from their holiday. When they found these illicit items they just threw them. How frustating.

Well we survived that and in the arrival hall were met by Zara's Uncle Eric. Stepping out of the building was a smack in the face. SO COLD. Clad in thin clothes we nearly froze. The car was toasty =)

Today we planned to wake up at 9 and go to the city for some well deserved (well, not really) retail therapy. That plan went out of the window when we woke up only to find it was 2pm. After some very long and very hot showers we compromised with the nearby mall to check it out (in other words, some good old retailing) and watch a movie. The second Pirates movie was cool. Wait till you see the back of Davie Jones' neck... It looked like an enlarged, squishy spleen. Yummy.

Aussie in a Nutshell:(part1/so far)
 
Comments:
charlotte!!!...we miss u!!!
loved this post.. was a very interesting read!
ooo yeah u gotta get urself a pair of skinny leg jeans.. luv em!!!...
I hate the fact that im leaving so soon.. 8 days left!!.. :(
More retail therapy when u come to sydney alright??.. :D
oh and in my opinion, vegemite is thee best!! heehee
tc babe.. see you soon
 
well, all I'm goin to say is the following: Enjoy your break as much as you can, and take tons of pictures.

Take care.
 
ciao! :D sorry bout not commenting for ages but soo pissed bout my blog being randomly deleted i have avoided blogs! hehe. interesting post! in england polka dots are huge!! and i am glad to say the music here is pretty on target! i also found the driving here craazy, but then we are used to our good old jungle roads and jungle cabs! aah the memories! wishing i could write on my blog now but to annoyed with it! hehe. missing u..how are u managing with the trains in Aussy?! getting on and off ok?!?! (LMAO!!! cracks me up everytime we go through Headcord!) hehe.. anyway.. this is a long ass comment but oooh well. people here are friendly machango!! hehe.. but granted its all old Grannies in Kent who speak slowly incase I dont speak English then comment on the weather and give me a sweet. (I kid you not.. Kent is like heaven for OAP's.. with money!!) lol. thats all from me machango..missing u!.. mwah!
 
ANNELIE... miss you too!! MY LITTLE NATIVE! :D
 
Native!! lmao! :P We passed Chipping Norton the other day when Mum and I went the wrong way on the motorway...for 45 minutes! I will be back in SL next week. We are off to Hikka!! :D xx
 
mmmm interesting...maybe i shouldnt be moving to aussie. nvm the boys. how are the chicks in aussie ?
 
OH MOTHERLAND!!! Oh Chipping Norton! How is the old fart of a place? Missing the council houses and thriving social scene..... =D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
They still call me Sudi. Some things never change.

Name:
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka

Average joe.. almost



Powered by Blogger