Sudiiiiiii strikes back
Monday, April 10, 2006
  The Lost Ones...
I went to see this amazing performance at Bishops called "The Lost Ones" by The Vanishing Point Theatre Company on Saturday afternoon. A Scottish troop imported by the British Council to wow the minds of us in Lanka. I had heard so much praise for it by everyone that had seen it on the Thursday and Friday showings that had no idea what to expect. I walked in and sat down with high expectations and needless to say was so impressed by every single aspect of the performance. The lighting.. the co-ordination.. the actors themselves... the stage effects and the set. I don't think I have seen anything quite like it in my entire life, let alone in the theatre deprived city of Colombo.

I'm not going to write some long winded and random review on it as I could never do it justice, and more importantly I have absolutely no idea how to write one. Everyone I have tried to explain it to has looked at me suspiciously and then gone on to give me rather funny looks at the fact my favourite parts of the entire show were when a tall skinny Scottish man (resembling Napolean Dynamite) jumped on stage in a school uniform and sang his heart out to a slightly fruity banjo. Funny eh?

If you saw it: great show right?
If you didn't: why on earth didn't you!?

One thing I must say though is that there could have been a much larger turn out. When I went to see the show on the Saturday matinee, the auditorium was only about 1/3 full. It's such a shame that more people didn't come and enjoy something that was so different from what Colombo usually experiences, especially when all people do is complain about how under-cultured Colombo is and that there is never anything on!
 
Comments:
charlott. for some strange reasn i feel the need 2 say her "wrighting" is really good, coz it seems 2 have a point. cant rally discribe it, so im jsut saying shit thats cummin 2 my head. im bad at commenting
 
thank you himansu :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
They still call me Sudi. Some things never change.

Name:
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka

Average joe.. almost



Powered by Blogger