Sudiiiiiii strikes back
Thursday, March 06, 2008
  ...
Two years on and exam season is back with a vengeance. I started blogging a lot during my O levels and in hindsight I guess it was a sort of stress reliever. When you're 16 they tell you that O levels are the most important exams you will ever take, so me who was at that point petrified of ending up in a cardboard box, took it to heart. When I'm stressed I procrastinate and procrastination took on a shape in the form of blogging. It's quite funny how when I have all the time in the world I don't even think of writing anything, but when time really is of the essence I miraculously find time to write a lot about nothing much at all. So yeah, exam season is back and hence so am I.

When I was 16 I blogged about A level choices. I was confused and angry that I was being forced to make a decision about something that could have quite a significant impact on my future. I got over it though, and I'm quite happy with what I went with in the end. This time around I managed to decide without much pain what I'd like to study in uni, which is a step forward in itself. Though there are a few fleeting moments when I think I applied for that course just to prove myself (haven't quite worked out to whom yet), but I'm sure I'm being silly. The problem now is where I'd like to study. I've got three feasible choices that I've narrowed it down to, though they aren't all equally feasible if you get what I'm saying.

Utrecht would be kind to my parent's bank account but it doesn't offer the exact course I'd like to study and the campus reminds me of a high school.

Edinburgh would also but to a lesser extent be kind to my parents, it's easy to get home to Holland, and the city is quite beautiful though the hefty rah contingent I've heard about really puts me off. I just can't deal with it.

London is well, London. I have this feeling that university there would be unlike anything else, and although expensive I'm sure I could manage.

It's not like I have to decide right now, I do have a couple more months to mull things over. I do know that wherever I go I'll have fun but I can't help feeling that this is will have significantly more impact on my life than my silly 16 year old worries.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
They still call me Sudi. Some things never change.

Name:
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka

Average joe.. almost



Powered by Blogger